Monday, April 12, 2004

38 weeks

Several friends forwarded me this article bearing very good news: Eating chocolate while pregnant is good for your baby. Thank god, because with all i've given up, there's no way i was going to give that up.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/health/cst-nws-baby08.html

We cleaned the house pretty well this weekend, since we were having a little party for our friends who are getting married Saturday night. It felt very good to get it done, so we won't have to worry about social services coming to take the baby away from our dump. But Sunday and today I have been having lotsa muscle aches, guess i might have overexerted a little. Erik did most of the hard cleaning though -- he swept and mopped the kitchen floor AND the hardwood AND cleaned the bathroom. I think he was surprised to find out how much work a thorough mopping is.

Another strange thing: Erik gave me a nice, long backrub Friday night. By the end of the workweek, my upper back usually hurts and the monkey has been kicking my rib cage again, which makes it worse. It felt great and I went to sleep feeling no back pain. But when I woke up in the morning, my back felt as if it were bruised, like i'd been beaten up instead of getting a massage! I guess my tissues are more tender than normal all over. It's a bummer because my back hurts again now and I know asking for a backrub won't necessarily make it better.

No comments: