Wednesday, January 31, 2007

40 Weeks, Today

Hmm. If anything, I feel *less* like I am about to have a baby today than in recent days. If she doesn't come today, I lose my chance to receive garnet jewelry for my push prize. I have instructed my husband that rather than buy me a February birthstone of amethyst, he should go for a jewel-free locket.

Also if she doesn't come today, I hope she doesn't come till Friday because of the midwife schedule. Heehee, a Groundhog's Day baby. And I'll have to find out when I go in tomorrow who's on duty from Sunday on.

Then again, my mom tells me it's a full moon, which -- in combination with the Super Bowl effect -- could explain why the midwives tell me it's a very busy week.

3 comments:

Moxie Mom said...

I have been thinking about you for days.
Good Luck!

Have Fun
Don't forget to breathe
Don't push with your face muscles
You can do it

…anymore clitche's for you…no

you rock momma

Anonymous said...

I ran into your blog a few days ago and was hooked. Your stories really put a big smile on my face. I ended up going back through most of your previous posts just wondering what other little tidbits of humor where on the pages. Your daughter is certainly charming, though I know that can also be a handful. I'm sure that your next little one will be just as enthusiastic as your Nutmeg.
(I can't believe I'm so excited about the arrival of a baby when I don't even know her momma. Your stories are just that compelling.)
Congratulations to you and your family and best wishes in the days of joy ahead.

Kori said...

It's nice to see that good members of the blogosphere recognize a talented professional writer when they see one, even when she is wearing her carefully crafted "pregnant stay-at-home mommy" disguise. You are compelling and hilarious....and hopefully soon, you'll be in labor.

I was a full-moon baby, and EJ was a full-moon baby, so Filbertine would join lovely company if she came tonight (in time for garnets, of course!)

Hugs, chica. :) Call me if you want me to give you ad hoc "you're in labor" scripts via telephone. LOL