Monday, January 29, 2007

News/No News

Yes, I'm still home. Not having many contractions. And I think the midwife I know best and like goes off call at midnight tonight, not to reappear in the rotation for the rest of the week. I had an appointment this morning with the one midwife I hadn't yet met, and I didn't like her much. So of course it turns out she's on call THREE times this week. Then there's another midwife on call Wednesday and Friday who I really like. So I'm keeping my legs crossed tomorrow, and hoping for another due date baby.

It's been snowing softly, on and off, for 24 hours. None of it sticks to the ground. It's like decorative snow. I love it. What I don't love is that the high temperature tomorrow is supposed to be 18, and then it's supposed to get REALLY cold. We may have to move into the hospital rather than bring this poor infant into the cruel outdoors.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

maybe the filbertine KNOWS how cold it is... as soon as the mercury hits a balmy 32 - she'll make a grand entrance... :)

i remember thinking the same thoughts when we brought the pork chop into the world on a "white out" day... i almost told my mom not to come to the hospital with the paloma... i was worried they'd slide right off the road.

thinking so many positive thoughts for you.... :)